My Mom’s Bolognese sauce
Growing up, my foodie heart was usually underwhelmed with my Mom’s cooking efforts. Shame! This was however not the case when she prepared her signature Spaghetti Bolognese. She luckily shared the recipe with me and I’m sharing the vegan and mealprep friendly version with you all. I hope you’ll love it as much as I love my Moetie.
Ingredients (5 servings) :
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 T basil infused olive oil (normal olive oil will do as well)
- 1 T Italian herbs
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 large carrots (finely chopped)
- 3 baby marrows / 1/2 courgette (finely chopped)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 x 70 g cans tomato paste
- 3 Roma tomatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 C dry soy mince (soaked for 45 mins in 2 C boiling water and 2 t vegan beef stock powder)
- black pepper and salt
- fresh basil, for topping
- bunch of cherry tomatoes (roasted in olive oil), for topping
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add all the chopped veggies and dried herbs and spices, bring to a boil and allow to simmer covered on low-medium heat for about 30 mins.
- Add tomato paste and soy mince.
- Simmer the sauce for 2 hours on low heat.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Serve with fresh basil and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Serve the sauce on top of your favourite pasta!
Snap a shot of your creation, hash tag #veganmealprepSundays and share on Instagram to inspire other vegan mealpreppers and for a chance to get featured.