Vietnamese Spring rolls with Peanut dip
Vietnamese spring rolls are my favourite way to eat raw veggies! It's essentially like eating a salad with your hands... Heaven! I love being a healthy foodie sometimes.
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Ingredients (15 rolls) :
2 C mung bean sprouts
2 carrots (peeled)
1/4 red cabbage
2 cobs of corn
handful of spring onion
handful of fresh mint leaves
15 rice paper wrappers
- Thinly slice the cabbage into strips.
- Pickle the cabbage shortly by placing the strips in a colander over the sink and sprinkling them with a generous amount of salt. Massage the strips well and leave them to rest for about 10 mins. Once the strips have become tender, rinse off the excess salt.
- Thinly slice the carrots and cucumbers and cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
- Combine all your ingredients and neatly roll them in your rice paper wrappers according to the instructions on the package of your rice paper wrappers. Every brand is slightly different. Usually, you soak the rice paper wrapper for 10-20 seconds in water. I personally prefer to use luke warm water and always wrap my rolls on a wooden cutting board. Resting them for a few minutes on a kitchen towel before wrapping also helps!
- 1/3 C sugar-free peanut butter
- 1/3 C water
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 t maple syrup
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Whisk all the peanut dip ingredients together in a small bowl.
Snap a shot of your creation, hash tag #veggiefoodies and share on Instagram to inspire other Veggie Foodies and for a chance to get featured.