Coconut Green Split Pea curry
There's nothing as satisfying as a filling legume curry. Add some papadums, brown rice and greens in the mix and you have yourself a balanced meal! This is one of those recipes, I love to make in big batches to eat throughout the week. If you prepare different side dishes, it has the potential to turn into a different meal every day.
Ingredients (6 servings) :
1 T coconut oil
1 red onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 large carrots (grated)
2 T curry powder
1 x 70 g cans tomato paste
3 T water
2 C dried green split peas (rinsed) (soaked - optional)
3 C water
1 C light coconut milk
black pepper and salt
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion, garlic and carrot in the coconut oil until translucent for about 3-5 mins.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder and 3 T water and allow to heat through.
- Add green split peas and 3 C water.
- Simmer the curry for about an hour on low-medium heat or until the peas are fully cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Season with pepper and salt.
Serve with papadums, brown rice and a side salad.
Snap a shot of your creation, hash tag #veggiefoodies and share on Instagram to inspire other Veggie Foodies and for a chance to get featured.